Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Preschool at the beach

I've second guessed my decision many times to not enroll the twins in preschool. Obviously the decision boiled down to a financial cost....600$ a month at the ghetto play school.... Would have been $850 at a decent school. A month.

But since the money tree I planted has only yielded leaves and not Benjamin's, I have been "home schooling" preschool. It's days like today, when the weather is good and the moment right.... That I am grateful I can take my twins of mass destruction anywhere on a moments notice.

Things will be different come fall. They will be in kindergarten, music, athletics.... Uh.... pWhy am I blogging on the beach? Time to enjoy this fleeting moment.

2 comments:

  1. Thing One went to The Friends School and while it was a really nice and safe environment all it really did was make us poor LOL. Thing Two didn't go there, I got smart with the second. Not to worry, mama... our parents managed just fine without pricey preschools. All they really need at that age is a bit of socialization and lots of fun and love, the learning is just a good side effect of all the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! I totally agree. It's just all that second guessing when I take them anywhere and people are all,"why aren't they in preschool/ day care/ boarding school blah blah?" Granted they do make me crazy sometimes, but I actually enjoy being around them! I never went to preschool and I am relatively unscathed.....

    ReplyDelete