Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DC Trippin'

I love our nation's capital. Washington DC has a vibrancy that is singular! You know how people get all crazy when they see a celebrity, reality star, pop music star? Well that's me around political players. The thought of meeting the Secretary of State or a Supreme Court justice makes my heart palpitate. I dreamed of meeting Colin Powell for years, to talk to Madeline Albright or Ruth Ginsburg. So, when our little family drives the three hours to hop the blue line and enjoy the mall. The Smithsonian! I mean, really. This trip I actually got my family into the Hirshorn Gallery. I tried my best to convey how cool Piet Mondrian is, or the controversy of Ai Weiwei. Some day they'll get it. And they will appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! I have been before and did the "tourist thing" and Thing One goes every year on a school field trip but the poor hubs and Thing Two have yet to see it. We definitely need to put it on the family to-do list! Happy Birthday to your own Thing One also!

    ReplyDelete