Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why I hate Facebook.

I have this love/hate relationship with Facebook.  Don't we all?  I've had to get off FB twice for OPSEC reasons, and I loved the hiatus.  I felt unbound.  Kind of says something.... perhaps I was spending way too much time on something that Betty White once called "a colossal waste of time."

Fast forward to now.  I understand why FB makes me so cranky.  I live in a perpetual state of unknowing.  When is the next deployment?  When are we moving? Is husband going to be home for my birthday/kids birthdays/any given holiday?  I feel sad for myself and my kids when I see others who live in a place with long, solid roots planted.  I want that for me, for my kids.  Hmmm... that sort of envy isn't good for anyone. 

Here's the thing:  FB connected me to many people that I have long since lost contact with.  I sobbed with joy when I found people I helped convert to Mormonism when I was a missionary in Spain over ten years ago.  I have reconnected with High School friends that I thought I'd never see again due to my hectic life.  But now.... So long, FB, and thanks for all the fish!

We are currently in a state of unknowing.  I'd like to personally thank congress for this upcoming furlough / sequester that my husband will be gifted.  A 20% pay cut living on the Beach?  Why, yes, please!  What a lovely surprise.  Husband has interviewed with a couple of organizations that WANT to hire him, but Congress says not right now!  While they golf at their 250,000$ a year country clubs, I'll be clipping coupons this year.  Thanks, sequester. 

What a ride!  No, but seriously.  One Pollyanna part of this kind of life is that I completely and totally find gratitude for the things we have, the children I have, the health we enjoy, and the gift of living. 

Time to go...

1 comment: