Sunday, February 10, 2013

Check it... I'm Baaaaaack!

I'm going to pretend like you don't know anything about us. Or that you are like my husband, and everything I say to you goes in one ear and out the other (oh, snap!).  I am convinced I sound like Charlie Brown's muffled-trumpet teacher.  No one listens to me.  So Check it! I got a forum where things I write will STICK. STAY PUT. LIKE.... A RECORD. Sweet.

I've got a hardly-home husband and four of the craziest, energetic, ovely smart and rambunctious kids on the planet.  They suck the life out of me.  All five of em.  (See what I did there? Eh?) But I wicked crazy love them and don't want to forget a moment in this time of our lives.  I'm gonna do it. Use nicknames.  It's habit, OPSEC, and the right thing to do.  My husband has a name, I swear, but I always call him husband. No Joke.  He is the most exasperating, gregarious, brilliant, annoying, loving, athletic, ambitious, lazy, wild, boring, amazing man I have ever met in my life.  That's why I married him almost 12 years ago.  We've both had phases where we acted like jackasses.  But through an eternal perspective we keep on. Almost nine years ago I gave birth reluctantly to my boy, Monkey. He wants to be an aeronautical engineer when he grows up, and already carries a healthy obession for flight with him everywhere he goes.  Obsession is an understatement.  Next I willingly had a c-section for my twins, Doodle and Bean.  Let me tell you, hosptials and c-sections are the way to go.  I would not be here, nor my kids, if it weren't for modern medicine.  I would be that one character who dies in childbirth on Downton Abbey or any given Austen novel.  Yay drugs!  Then, excitedly, I had a c-section for my final baby, Busy.  She is as busy as they come.  Sleep is not an option for this baby-- there's too much to do!

Speaking of Busy, I just found her dancing, spinning, shaking, and spinning again in the living room.  So fun to watch.  It's those moments right there when I remember why I wanted to be June Cleaver: a full time mom and wife.  There are days... in fact I had two days this past week that made me question my very sanity, but I wouldn't want to do anything else.  This is where I want to be.  In the middle of the chaos at home.

SO.... I am sure I don't need to explain my title, unless you are completely daft.  My children, my life, the unsure nature of being married to the warrior class, those are my hurricanes.  Life ain't easy.  It certainly isn't simple.  Things get so complicated in a hurry with this line of business.  But I find happiness in the little things. More to come... I have to go separate the twins and change a diaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment